Monday, March 12, 2007

Reflective Blog Numero Dos

So, as I continue on with this book, I continue asking the many questions that go on in my head. In chapter seven as we know Colonel Aureliano is sentenced to death. I don't remeber if it was made specific in the book, but I think they're afraid of killing Aureliano Buendia. I'm kind of confused with what is going on when they are about to kill Aureliano and Jose Arcadio stops the murder. I'm not sure how, for that whole scene confuses me, well not just that scene but several scenes throughout the book confuse me. Anyway, a few days later Jose Arcadio is found dead. How he died? No one actually makes it clear yet. I don't think his wife killed him but I don't think he killed himself. It makes no sense. Things with Jose Arcadio Buendia aren't going so great...He is still seeing Prudencio Aguilar and finally it comes down to him dying. So, now we're back to the incest. Aureliano Jose if falling lustly in love with his Aunt, Amaranta. Amaranta raised him basically and she woiuld always undress around him. I find that a little funny. After a certain age, she should know not to change in front of him...sometimes, I wonder what goes on with the people in this book. For example, Colonel Aureliano Buendia's ten million sons (sarcastically speaking) come forward. This guy is a weirdo. It was like he was going all over the country planting his seeds. Anothe rhting I don't understand why if this book could go so far back in time and come so forward..why aren't there sexually transmitted diseases? Why can Aureliano Buendia go around having sex like crazy and not give women AIDS? Not that I wish anyone bad but, its like how conveniant you can have sewing machines and magic carpet but you can't have sexually transmitted diseases? The war is still continuing and the warriors don't even know what they are fighting for?
General Gerinaldo is about to be exceuted by Aureliano but Ursula knocks some snse into him. What is up with Aureliano??? He sleeps with random women, is a tryant who wants to execute everyone...this character is getting annoying and on the circumstances that this characters doesn't exist, I will say this...Why won't he die???? Well, thankfully he knocks some sense into himself and ends the war although he does go a little loony when he tries to kill himself...

What else?

What else?

Oh yes, chpater ten is quite confusing towards the end....there is another carnival or something of that sort in Macondo? And another war is started when someone shouts "Long Live the Liberals" at that festival?

No comments: